- Lean Enterprise Certificate Program, University of California, San Diego, http://www.extension.ucsd.edu/programs/eng/Lean.html
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) – www.asq.org
- Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME) – www.ame.org
- Association for Operations Management (APICS) – www.apics.org
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) – www.iienet.org
- Lean Enterprise Academy (LEA) - www.leanuk.org (also has free e-newsletters)
- Lean Frontiers – http://www.leanfrontiers.com/
- Society for Health Systems (SHS) – www.societyforhealthsystems.org
- Society for Manufacturing Engineers (SME) – www.sme.org
- The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence – www.shingoprize.org
Excellent training DVDs are available from CRM Learning in Carlsbad, CA – www.crmlearning.com – as well as other training resource providers. While neither of the following two DVDs speak to Lean specifically, they are excellent supplements when exposing groups to Lean principles and tools:
To create electronic versions of value stream maps for training and archiving purposes, we rely on iGrafx’s FlowCharter. Visit www.igrafx.com to download a 30-day trial version or purchase the software. When you enter your customer information, mention that you heard about FlowCharter from The Karen Martin Group, Inc.
This Excel-based tool is a user-friendly way to electronically archive manually created maps in team settings for easier storage and distribution across your entire organization. The electronic maps serve as standard work documentation for the improved process, enabling training, communication, and process monitoring activities.