To aid in deepening your understanding and skill set without the time and expense of traveling to workshops and conferences, we offer FREE practical webinars that bring the learning to you. We keep theory to a minimum so you can learn new skills that you can begin applying immediately. We look forward to you joining us!
“In one week I’ve learned more from your webinars than I did in the 1.5 years that consultants spent ‘teaching’ our teams how to use Lean to improve processes and add customer value.”
—Dorrene Cook, Manager of Continuous Improvement
“Love your webinars! You are always straight and to the point, which for some reason seems to be unusual these days.”
—Nena Nemec, Performance Improvement Engineer, Mayo Clinic Health System
“Last week’s webinar was excellent. You have a skill / talent for making Lean both relevant and interesting. You are superb at answering questions in a concise, relaxed, very insightful way.”
—Paul Haddix, Six Sigma Project Manager, CIGNA
Kaizen Event Case Studies
To skip introductory material, FF to 00:58
Accompanying slides: bit.ly/1ImQBqu
In this webinar, Karen shares case studies for two Kaizen Events she has facilitated that address the following questions:
• What was the driver for the improvement?
• Why was a Kaizen Event chosen for making the improvement and not a traditional project?
• Who was involved in the planning process and on the Kaizen team itself?
• What was their process, from analysis through rolling out the improvement (including the specific tools used)?
• How were they able to pilot and refine the improvement using PDSA within such a short time?
• What challenges did the team encounter and how did they overcome them?
• How did they manage their time?
• How was the event closed out?
• What’s the current state of the improvement?
- Kaizen Event Case Studies
- Value Stream Transformation: 10 Keys to Success
- Problem Solving: The P in PDSA
- Tweeting Improvement
- Leading Improvement: The Skills You Need
- Value Stream Mapping with APICS Heartland
- Holding Effective Kaizen Events
- Coaching: Asking the Right Questions
- A3 Management: Effective Problem Solving
- Respect for People: The Lean Way
- Reducing Resistance to Change
- Value Stream Mapping: From Tool to Management Practice
- Value Stream Mapping: Case Studies
- Value Stream Mapping: Beyond the Mechanics - Part 3 (Executing the Transformation Plan)
- Value Stream Mapping: What to Do Before You Dive In
- Value Stream Analysis: Beyond the Mechanics - Part 2 (Mapping Execution)
- Value Stream Analysis: Beyond the Mechanics - Part 1 (Planning)
- Hoshin Kanri: Creating a Strategy Deployment Plan That Gets Results
- Plan-Do-Study-Adjust: A Deep Dive
- The Trick to Employee Engagement—It’s Not What You Think
- Improvement Facilitation and Coaching: An Open Forum
- Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work & Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
- The Coach Is In: An Open Forum
- How Outstanding Is Your Organization?: An Assessment
- Creating A Continuous Improvement Culture
- Kaizen Events: Current Thinking & How To's
- Process Management: Why So Few Companies Get It Right
- Value Stream Mapping for Office and Service
- Commit to Becoming an Outstanding Organization
- Metrics-Based Process Mapping: What, When & How
- We've Had it All Wrong: Manage Processes, Not People
- Putting an End to Organizational ADD: Create Your 2013 Work Plan
- Rapid Improvement: How to Change Behaviors and Get Stuff Done FAST
- Value Stream Mapping - Strategy Before Tactics
- Healthcare Kaizen
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- The Outstanding Organization: The Power of Engagement
- The Outstanding Organization: The Power of Discipline
- The Outstanding Organization: The Power of Focus
- The Outstanding Organization: The Power of Clarity
- Guerrilla Lean: How to Make Lean Work for You When Your Leadership Doesn't Get It
- Strategy Deployment: Accelerating Improvement Through Focus and Alignment
- A3 Management: Part 2 of 2
- A3 Management: Part 1 of 2
- Metrics-Based Process Mapping
- The Improvement Professional's Evolving Role: From Practitioner to Facilitator to Coach
- Metrics-Based Process Mapping: Part 2 of 3
- Metrics-Based Process Mapping: Part 1 of 3
- Metrics-Based Process Mapping: Part 3 of 3 (Excel tool product demo)
- Journey to a Lean Enterprise: New Frontiers